A few months ago I was fed up. I was so very tired of planning meals all the time. In fact, I stopped planning altogether and just barely was pulling meals together just before dinner time. I was bored with cooking and honestly, I was getting bored with food. I remember making a few meals and serving my family, but when it came to my plate, I just couldn’t be bothered. I’d rather have eaten cardboard at the time. And honestly, I’m a self-proclaimed foodie, so becoming tired of food was just something that was not supposed to happen to me.
One day, while browsing the Holistic Squid blog, by the amazing Emily Bartlett and acupuncturist and author of incredible amazing Eczema Cure e-book, I came across a new meal planning service using whole foods, Real Plans. The best part? It claimed to be completely customizable for people with food allergies or sensitivities!
Now, this was exactly the kind of thing I needed to get inspired in the kitchen again. I signed up for their monthly service before committing to their annual subscription.
It took a little bit of leg work to set it up exactly as I wanted. First things I did were to omit all recipes containing dairy and then I omitted anything containing any some types of soy (leaving tamari as acceptable since I like to substitute with coconut aminos). I also removed anything with yeast. I hit submit and…..
Wow! I had all these incredible, very healthy recipes recommended to me for the week. The best part was the shopping list I was provided. This app took all the brain work out of meal planning. I was thrilled! And I had my kitchen mojo back! Woo hooo!
I’ve been using Real Plans for a few months now and I’m loving it, so I’ve upgraded to an annual subscription.
Some of my family’s favorite recipes are:
If you’re looking for some kitchen inspiration and you love whole foods or maybe have some foods you want or need to avoid, I’d seriously recommend taking a look at this meal planning app.
Here are some of my favorite features of Real Plans:
- Recipes contain whole foods with vegetarian or Paleo or food allergy friendly options. And you can exclude individual ingredients or entire food groups.
- Over 1300+ recipes. Plus options to add recipes from the following popular recipe sites for a fee: Nom Nom Paleo, The Paleo Mom, The Wellness Mama.
- Recipes available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Very customizable, user-friendly interface available for your desktop, iphone or android.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you try it and don’t like it, which is next to impossible by the way, then it’s no loss to you.
Why not give Real Plans a try? I’m sure you’ll love it just as much as I do!