Food Allergy and Celiac Convention November 2014 and a NEW GFDF app!
Coronado Springs Resort & Convention Center in the Walt Disney World Resort
November 22, 2014
Celebrating food allergies and celiac disease at one of the top food allergy and gluten free locations in the world. This convention is open to consumers, families, gluten-free and allergen-free companies. Individuals of all ages are welcome and the convention will include:
- Expo area
- Welcome Breakfast
- Vendor Dinner
- Ice Cream Buffet (non-dairy, of course!)
- Kids Corner
- Pre-event raffle baskets and giveaways (as well as during the event weekend)
- Pre-event recipe booklet for vendors/sponsors to highlight their products
- 15 Minutes of Fame stage for vendors/sponsors to highlight their products
- Speakers, demos, and workshops focusing on all aspects of celiac disease and food allergies
- And, of course, more!
The cost to attend the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention is $15 for adults and $5 for children ages 3-12. Advance ticket purchases are also available at a discounted rate. The ticket price includes the vendor expo, kids corner, various staged presentations, culinary demonstrations, speaking panels, and more.
Check out the Food #Allergy and #Celiac Convention? Speakers, demos, workshops……@eczemacompany @celebrateaware
The Food Allergy and Celiac Convention is hosted by two individuals with extensive knowledge about celiac disease, gluten-free awareness, and food allergies: Laurie Sadowski and Sarah Norris are also experienced in dealing with food allergies at Walt Disney World, and have developed relationships with the Special Diets, chefs, and event planning teams there. Focused on building awareness on health and lifestyle–not just the food, but definitely the food–the convention is set to highlight awareness at the most magical place on earth! You can find The Food Allergy and Celiac Convention on Facebook and Twitter
If your planning on going to WDW then there is a new food allergy app you have to get! YoDish and Sarah Norris of Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW have collaborated to produce an incredible resource for gluten free and dairy free travellers heading to Walt Disney World.
- Incredible resource: Sarah has contributed roughly 200 food photos and review summaries for gluten free and dairy free (GFDF) dishes at more than 50 restaurants at Walt Disney World. Users can easily click through to read Sarah’s full restaurant reviews on her website. The resource will evolve as Sarah and others continue to add reviews and dish photos.
- Perfect for Allergic Families: Set your dietary profile to gluten free and/or dairy free, and the app shows you the GF / DF meals closest to you…wherever you are in the resort. You do not need to search through restaurants or dishes that do not fit your diet.
- Everyone Loves Disney: Disney is widely praised for its leadership within the specialty diets community, and therefore, readers “like” and “share” stories involving Disney on social media.
So, the question is – will you be there?